Help using Your Defra account
How to register for Defra online services
To register for a Defra online service for the first time, you need to create a Defra account. Your Defra account lets you register with a range of online services from Defra and related organisations.
Here's the process:
- Sign in using your own Government Gateway username and password. If you do not have your own Government Gateway account, we’ll help you to create one. Do not use a shared account.
- Tell us some information about you and your organisation (if relevant).
- Complete your registration with the relevant service.
Before you start
- your email address, phone number and postal address
- your Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a Government Gateway account, we’ll help you to create one.
If you're registering on behalf of a business or organisation, you'll also need:
- the main contact details for your business or organisation (for example, head office contact details)
- the Companies House number if the business or organisation is a limited company
Trouble signing in?
If you cannot sign into your Defra account or service, please contact the relevant service using the telephone numbers below.
Contact Defra services
Fish Exports Service
Comply with UK REACH
Apply for a Phytosanitary Certificate
Apply for and manage environment permissions
Waste Tracking Service
Biodiversity Net Gain
Apply for a CITES Permit
Annual health and welfare review of livestock
Taking a pet from Great Britain to Northern Ireland
Change your associated phone number
If you do not have access to the phone number associated with your Government Gateway ID, you’ll need to reset it by following these steps:
- Sign into the service you used to set up your Government Gateway ID.
- Follow the links to change your access code settings.
Read our Privacy notice
Terms and conditions
Read our Terms and conditions
Read our Cookies notice
Read our Accessibility notice